Investing In Business Surveillance Is Worth It
August 23rd, 2019
Your business is one of your top investments, and it’s something that you’ll want to keep protected. With modern security technology, keeping your business safe and secure is more within reach than ever, and there is no reason not to invest in this type of security to keep your business protected. When you invest in business surveillance, you’ll begin to see the benefits quickly, including some benefits that you may not have realized are part of the package.
The Benefits That Come With Surveillance
There are a number of benefits that come along with business surveillance. Some of these top cited benefits include:
- Increase your overall safety – When your business is safe, your customers feel safe, your employees feel safe, and your clients or investors feel safe. The presence of your surveillance cameras alone can be a highly effective deterrent for criminals, who know that any acts they may choose to carry out will be caught on your footage. When visitors and employees to your business property feel protected they feel more positive about your business as a whole.
- Reduction in false claims – Businesses can become hotspots for false claims, and this rings true whether these claims are coming from employees or visitors to your property. A worker’s compensation claim or slip and fall injury case will be caught on your surveillance footage, so you’ll know once and for all if the claim is legitimate or false. Should the claim turn up false, your footage can be used as evidence in court.
- Minimize and deter employee theft – One difficult reality in the United States today is that employee theft costs today’s businesses over a billion dollars each year. Employee theft can mean taking product from a shelf, taking food when not authorized to do so, taking money from a register, or claiming false hours or “stealing time”. When employees know the surveillance cameras are rolling, they’re less likely to do something they’d rather not be caught doing.
- Take care of loitering and littering – When individuals decide to do something they shouldn’t, they don’t want to be caught doing it. This rings true if it’s a burglar breaking in, an employee taking a few dollars from the register, or groups of people who decide to loiter on your property. Loitering and littering aren’t good looks for any business, and your surveillance cameras can effectively deter both.
- Better staffing through traffic tracking – Not sure when the peak amount of employees should be on staff? Not sure when things begin to slow down? Your surveillance cameras can clue you in. You can use your footage to observe traffic patterns in your business and staff your property properly.
Making The Right Investment
When you invest in business surveillance, you want to make sure you’re making the right investment. Talking to the professionals about what surveillance cameras are best suited for your business and your property will ensure you’re making the right decision. If you’re thinking about investing in business surveillance for your business property, contact us at Triton Global Services.