Home Security Apps Why Consider Them for Your Home
October 4th, 2019
Technology has undoubtedly come a long way. It is a huge part of everyone’s lives. You’ll be hard-pressed to think of an aspect of life that doesn’t use technology nowadays. One of the ways to best leverage technology is for home security and efficiency. Home security apps are an excellent example of how technology can make people’s lives more comfortable and convenient.
What Are Home Security Apps?
Home security apps are mobile device applications designed to connect with your smart home appliances and devices. Through these apps, you can monitor and control the connected appliances and devices even when you’re miles from home. A home security app can be installed and accessed using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Home security apps pave the way for whole-home surveillance and mobile automation.
The Benefits of Whole-Home Surveillance and Automation Using Home Security Apps
Imagine this: you were running late for an important meeting, so you were hurrying to get out. While on your way to the office, you keep on trying to recall whether you turned off the lights or locked the front door. It’s so much trouble to go back to check, and no one else is home. What do you do?
If you have a smart home and you use a home security app, you can worry less as you can instantly check if the lights are off and the entry door is locked.
A home security app can be connected to compatible smart devices and appliances, such as IP cameras, light switches, smart power outlets, WiFi thermostats, door locks, and garage doors, among others. Because of this, combining a home security app with smart appliances has several invaluable benefits, including the following:
- Automation and Control - With the help of a home security app, you can conveniently control various aspects of your home, from electronic appliances to the security system. You can adjust security camera settings, turn appliances on or off, and even adjust the temperature.
- Online Monitoring - When linked to smart CCTV cameras, home security apps allow you to monitor your house and family even when you’re away.
- Mobile Alerts - Home security apps can be set to send alerts once your home’s sensors and surveillance cameras pick up unusual activity in or around your house.
- Energy Efficiency - As smart home security apps allow you to control lights, home temperature, and appliances remotely, they help homeowners prevent electricity wastage. Furthermore, modern and smart appliances are made more energy-efficient than their traditional counterparts.
- Overall Convenience - When linked to your doors, home security apps do not only help prevent unwanted entrance to your home. They also allow you to let someone in, say, the dog walker. You can also use the app to open the garage door without getting off the car.
Want to take advantage of smart home security devices and apps? Make sure you consult a reliable security, automation, and control company such as Triton Global Services. Get in touch with us today so we can discuss your home security and automation requirements.